Friday 8 September 2017

A definition of Primary Thinking

I have been blogging a lot about 'Primary Thinking' in recent months, but it has been difficult to make a short definition of what I mean by it. Here is an attempt...

Primary Thinking is Active, Conscious Intuition

Intuition is usually thought to be an unconscious, spontaneous, event - something that happens-to-us... But, in contrast, Primary Thinking is intuition done with effort; purposively, deliberately, and in awareness of what we are doing and what we discover.

On the other hand, my own understanding of this took me several years of considerable effort; and there is no particular reason why I can make the process of understanding quick and 'easy' for readers.

Since it wasn't easy for me, why should it be easy for you? To understand, you would need to meet me half-way, or more than half-way; you must make more effort in understanding than I make in communicating...

You must, in fact, meet-me in the realm of universal reality! Only there can communication become knowledge.

1 comment:

Bruce Charlton said...

@JW - It is probably best to think of this as something new, rather than trying to find probably-misleading equivalents in previous eras.